Monday, November 26, 2012

Audio Book Challenge ~ I'm SO doing this!

2013 Audio Book Challenge




Grab the button!

I've become a HUGE fan of audio books in 2012 and thought why not challenge some of my other blogger/reader friends to find the joy in listening to audios. They are great for those times you want to read but can't for some reason like driving to and from work, doing house chores, working out in the gym, etc.

I know some of you are thinking, audio books? Pass. I thought that once too. But when you find a great narrator they can make the story even better. There are some series I will only listen to because I love the narration so much.

Favorite series on audio:
Downside Ghosts by Staica Kane, narrated by Bahni Turpin
Dreg City by Kelly Meding, narrated by Xe Sands
Elemental Assassin by Jennifer Estep, narrated by Lauren Fortgang
Jane Jameson by Molly Harper, narrated by Amanda Ronconi
Charley Davidson by Darynda Jones, narrated by Lorelei King
Kate Daniels by Ilonda Andrews, narrated by Renee Raudman


And what better co-host to have for an audio book challenge than Lupe from Hot Listens. She's the queen of audio books.



Reading Challenge Details:

  • Runs January 1, 2013 – December 31, 2013. You can join at anytime.
  • The goal is to find a new love for audios if you are new to them or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2013 than you did in 2012.
  • Books must be in audio format.
  • ANY genres count.
  • Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
  • If you're a blogger grab the button and do a quick post about the challenge. Please include a link back to this sign-up post so others can join the reading challenge too.
  • You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads or LibraryThing or on your audible.com or other accounts you have.

Levels:

Newbo
(Not quite addicted) 1-5 audios
Ear Worm (Narrator's voice gets stuck in your head) 5-10 audios
Tickle Me Audio (Seriously, I'm getting serious) 10-15 audios
Plugged In (I can quit anytime) - 15+ audios


We will do quarterly updates.
Lupe and I will post our updates.
You can post your updates in the comments section.
A random commenter will be picked for a giveaway each time!


Follow my co-host:
Hot Listens

Sign up and join the fun.
Feel free to leave audio recommendations in the comment section.
 
 
Who is going to do this w/ me?
This sounds like fun, and a personal challenge to me! 

4 comments:

  1. This sounds like a really cool challenge to undertake...haven't done the audio book thing as yet so I'll definitely think about doing this in 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a lot of fun. I never gave much thought to audiobooks until I had an eye surgery done and well, there is just not all that much I could do without the use of my eyes. The first audiobook I listened to was terrible, the plot was moving incredibly slow and the narrator put me to sleep. The next one I tried had a decent narrator but the book itself wasn't all that great.

    Hopefully I will have better luck in 2013. I think I am going to go to the library and pick one up after exams for the drive home and back.

    Thanks for the recommendations, I'll see if my local library has some of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I want to do this ....lol.....I'll have to think about it a little bit longer

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to do this, just don't think I'll be very successful. It's rare for me to listen to a book. My family seems to think it's okay to ask a question or start a conversation while I'm listening. Much like they do when I'm reading. At least with a book, I can mark the page. :)
    I'm gonna' give it a try though...starting with ICED.

    ReplyDelete