Thursday, September 6, 2012

Ball of Furry by Celia Kyle; a Review

Ball of Furry
 

Ball of Furry by Celia Kyle

http://www.amazon.com/Ball-of-Furry-Ridgeville-ebook/dp/B008XQSX8E/ref=pd_sim_kstore_2 

Perfectly plump Carly's paranormal-wererabbit world goes kablooey on the night of the semiannual Gaian Moon. While all of the furry creatures in Ridgeville decide to knock boots and make babies, the only thing she wants to do is hide from all of the weenie-swinging men, including her would-be mate, Neal. There's no denying he's hotter-than-hot, and her bunny wants him more than her next dandelion, but there's just one teeny-tiny problem. You see, Neal has wandering eyes, and a love for women that's even bigger than his home state of Texas. But, to her surprise, the lion pounces when she least expects it...and claims her before she has the chance to say "No."

Furry bastard.

As if her life isn't crazy enough...it just happens to get that much crazier when someone decides they want her dead.

Question is--can she survive whomever or whatever the hell is hunting her, while trying her damnedest to get over the fact that Neal had a life before he met her?

For both their sakes, she sure as hell hopes so.

Carly is so excited when she scents her mate ~ after all, nothing smells better to this little bunny shifter than summer rain & dandelions.  But when she catches up with the scent trail...it leads her right to a hottie lion, who just happens to be groping a skinny assed blonde human!  So even when he obviously scents her as his mate, she makes tracks and splits...

Neal is confused...he's finally found his mate, and he just wants to get down to the buisnes of making kits...only Carly won't give him the time of day!  It's been months, and she's been playing the avoidance game...so he finally has to stalk her down & they get busy marking one another...only for her to flee first chance she gets.  But then Neal finds out there is a REAL threat against his mate, and he's got to get to the bottom of the problem with his little 'darlin and keep her close.

So I'm sucker for shifters.  I buy them up when they appeal...this was one of those buys, popped up on Amazon when I doing a search, so thought what the heck, sounded interesting, so tried it.  First, it's NOT the first in the series.  I don't have a problem with that, but I know many do, so wanted to mention it.  Second, want to mention it totally leaves you with a cliff hanger at the end...not with this couple, but with the overall story ARC, so if you hate that, yeah, you're warned. 

This was a quick read...and I like quick, sometimes corny shifter reads ...but this one kinda fell short of the mark.  Don't get me wrong, it wasn't awful, it just wasn't...THAT good.  I hated the BIG misunderstanding between Carly & Neal, and that he was too slow on the uptake to figure out that she wasn't having his ass as long as he was letting other women hang all over him.  I hated that she let months go by with him chasing after her and didn't make herself clear. 

There were some funny scenes, and a little bit of a suspense story in there, but yeah, wasn't really into it...the biggest theme I got was the blonde bimbo hanging on Neal's arm.  I won't be buying any more in this series.  If you've read some of these, and think I'm off base, or others in the series are better, let me know! 

I wasn't impressed enough with this one to spend my $$ on another. 

If I gave stars, I'd give it a 2 1/2. 

 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review - I'm not big on guys who let women hang all over them when they know they have a mate - and yeah running away and not talking for months would get on my nerves too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review... I thought I'd try it... so, I clicked on your Amazon buy link ;)

    ReplyDelete