Saturday, July 21, 2012

Battered Hearts 2: Star-Crossed by Kele Moon ~

Star Crossed (Battered Hearts, #2)

ebook, 294 pages
Published July 3rd 2012 by Loose Id

Heavyweight MMA fighter, Romeo Wellings comes from the hard streets of New York where his family ties to the mafia cause him nothing but pain. His life takes a surprising detour when he crosses paths with the twin sister of his long time enemy. After a steamy one-night stand, he faces the fight of his life, but it’s not in the cage. The secret relationship that blooms between Romeo and his real life Juliet has him battling his family and a dark past rather than let her go. 



The only lawyer in her hometown of Garnet, Jules Conner is also a volunteer Sheriff’s deputy and co-owner of a successful MMA training center. Strong and dependable, Jules is always there for those who need her. Until one forbidden night in Las Vegas with Romeo leaves her feeling so alive she can’t stop reaching out to the sexy, bad boy of MMA, even knowing the forbidden love affair could jeopardize everything.



As the tide rises against them and the people they love work at keeping them apart, Romeo and Jules hold onto a dream for a better life together and vow to go down fighting rather than accept a tragic ending.


This is a series I found from my Twitter friends chatting about it ~ and one of them said, GET this about book 1, it's book crack!  Book 1, Defying The Odds, OMG, it SO was...and the second I read the last line I was ready for this, Romeo & Jule's book...and I was not dissapointed in the least!
Julies, or Juliet as Romeo insists on calling her, is a small town, all kinds of smart, red neck, smart & sexy kind of girl...and her biggest vulnerability really took me by surprise.  She's got a twin brother who just happens to also be the Sheriff (you meet all these characters in both books and get the low down, so now worries) and seems the Sheriff has had his heart broken in a terrible kinda way.  We don't know the deets, but we DO know it's made Juliet super protective of Wyatt and cautious with her own heart.  She's all about a great time, but not deeper than that...and when she fibs to her brother to meet for dinner in secret w/ MMA fighter Romeo Wellings while in Vegas she thinks it's just a one time thing.  Only she and Romeo LIKE each other so much...and the sex.  Oh baby the pages SIZZLE w/ the sex scenes in this book! They creative, sexy and DIFFERENT!  

But still, Juliet is determined to leave Romeo in that "What Happens in Las Vegas stays in Las Vegas" place in her life, until Romeo texts her...and then he calls.  And somehow Juliet & Romeo find themselves not only liking each other WAY more than either thinks they should, but they're having sexy phone sex...and more.  

Romeo can't stay away from Juliet.  For the first time in his life, he's found a woman HE wants.  She just...makes his life full.  But his life -- a crazy life, full of mafia, family connections he can't cut, a past he can't lose, and choices he can't undo -- are all playing against them.  Nevermind her brother, the Sherrff, who'd like to kill him.  But he's compelled to be near her physically...

There is ALOT going on in this series, but Kele Moon plays it out so well, you're not lost for a second, and you slowly get to know the characters well enough you don't have to guess for a second who she's talking about.  There a few scenes I truly want to gush about (SEXY, sexy) but don't want to spoil it ~ you have to READ it!  I'm not big about reading about fighters...I love big brawny men, but I'm just meh about the fighters for some reasons.  This series is making me think I'm WRONG. 

 I loved Rome, his instant draw & attraction to Juliet ~ and his commitment to his brothers.  I really liked Juliet ~ she's got a super full plate, to the point I was like how you gonna fit a man in there, but I can find it believable to a degree if she was trying to keep men OUT before Romeo...and after he came life adjustments have to made. 

You need to read this and let me know your thoughts!! 

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Crossed-Battered-Hearts-ebook/dp/B008KFC3K2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1342888813&sr=8-1&keywords=star+crossed+by+kele+moon
        

5 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of the books in this series but clearly I need to add these to my list NOW! ....lol....Thanks for the recommendation

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg, this sounds like one I must get right now! ... and off I am to shop :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys...DO!! I'm telling you, LOVED these books. These are the kind you grow totally attached to the characters. I'm dying for the Sheriff, Wyatt's book, now, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you enjoyed it!! Thank you for reading and reviewing!

    :D

    Kele

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're welcome...now you have to hurry up and get get more out there!
    : D

    ReplyDelete