Monday, May 14, 2012

Donna Grant's Dark Warriors & Dark Sword series...

For those of you who follow The Dark Sword series ~ you are in for a sweet treat w/ Midnight's Master! 


And for those of you who are new to Donna's books ~
you are in for an awesome new world, and let me make it clear that you can pick up this series w/ Midnight's Master and go forward.  Donna has clearly and neatly made the transition from historical to present day in Midnight's Master, and for those of you who don't wish to read the historicals, she brings you totally up to date in this book so you can pick it up and start the series w/ out missing a beat.  Personally, I think you're going to want to go back read those Warriors (because they ROCK) but you don't have or need to read them to feel totally up to date.  I've gotten so many Q's about this from people who aren't readers of historical I just wanted  to make clear as I can ~ I feel confident you'll not miss a thing. 

And that you're going to LOVE this book!
My review will be up soon!! 

Midnight's Master (Dark Warriors, #1)

From Donna's Blog ~ 

Dark Sword & Dark Warriors series – what’s what?

Mar 28 2012, 9:00 am
I’ve had a ton of questions about the Dark Warriors series and why I ended the Dark Sword series. The last thing I want to do is confuse readers. So, I’ll attempt to make things clear without posting any kind of spoilers for those who might not have gotten caught up on the series.Darkest Highlander
First, let me thank all of you who joined me on the journey of my Highland Warriors and their Druid heroines. I so love the world of my Warriors and Druids, and without y’all I wouldn’t have been able to continue to discover these amazing characters.
You can read The Beginning for the Dark Sword series as well as learn the reading order, find wallpaper, and watch the amazing book trailers by clicking here.

The Dark Sword series does end with DARKEST HIGHLANDER. Sort of. The story line picks right back up with the first Dark Warriors book (Logan’s) MIDNIGHT’S MASTER followed the very next month by MIDNIGHT’S LOVER (Ian’s). From now on the Dark Warriors books will be released back to back every four months!
So yes, the seriesMidnight's Master name has changed, but that’s because of everything that happens leading up to DARKEST HIGHLANDER as well as what happens at the end of the book.

I’ve gotten some emails regarding DARKEST HIGHLANDER. I know some of you are upset, and I apologize for that. I follow my characters wherever they take me, and most times I’m as surprised as you are by what happens. I didn’t understand why the characters had led me to such a scene, and it wasn’t until late in 2011 that it all came together and I finally understood why it had to happen.

There is so many great things coming in the Dark Warriors series that I’m bursting to tell y’all. But I hate spoilers, so I’m going to keep it to myself. All I can say is be prepared for a roller coaster ride that will leave you reeling!

Midnight's LoverBut that’s not all. My publisher asked me to come up with another series that would be heavily connected to the DS/DW world. I, of course, jumped at the chance. The first Dark Kings books will be special eNovellas released in July, August, and September of this year.

You’ll begin to see mention of these new guys in the Dark Warriors series and vice versa. It isn’t too long before the guys from both series get together, and lord help the ladies when they do!
Here’s the 2012/2013 schedule for the Dark Warriors and Dark Kings books:

MIDNIGHT’S MASTER (Dark Warriors) – May 22, 2012
MIDNIGHT’S LOVER (Dark Warriors)- June 26, 2012
DARK CRAVING (Dark Kings) – July 31, 2012
NIGHT’S AWAKENING (Dark Kings) – August 28, 2012
DAWN’S DESIRE (Dark Kings) – September 25, 2012
MIDNIGHT’S SEDUCTION (Dark Warriors) – October 30, 2012
MIDNIGHT’S WARRIOR (Dark Warriors) – November 27, 2012

Title TBD (Dark Warriors) – June 2013
Title TBD (Dark Warriors) – July 2013
Title TBD (Dark Warriors) – November 2013
Title TBD (Dark Warriors) – December 2013


I hope this helps with an explanation. And yes, every Warrior will get to have his book. :)
I can’t wait for y’all to meet the guys from the Dark Kings. Let me just say yummmmmmmy!!
hugs,
D

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read this book! I've been wanting to read her & I just can't do historicals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sending you one as soon as it's out, girl!
    And I hope you <3 it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is a great post! You have been a very busy lady it sounds like. I have not yet read any of these books, but I think I will start with the Warrior books. I like to read books/series that interconnect, especially from the beginning. :)
    Congrats on your new and upcoming releases, Donna!

    ReplyDelete