Thursday, June 20, 2013

I Dream of Danger by Lisa Marie Rice

 

They are the Ghost Ops: a covert squad of super-elite soldiers. After their team was betrayed and massacred, the three surviving members went underground and built Haven, a community of misfits and geniuses. Now they're at a crossroads, facing a new threat capable of destroying everything they hold dear.

When Nick Ross disappears from Elle Thomason's life, she is certain she'll never see the man she loves again—except in her dreams. Ten years later, as a respected researcher breaking new ground in psychic phenomena, she sends a desperate call for Nick's help. One by one, her colleagues have started disappearing . . . and Elle knows she's next. An elite soldier, Nick never meant to hurt Elle, duty kept him away—and then she vanished. Now troubled by unusually vivid, disturbing dreams of Elle in danger, Nick will rescue the only woman he's ever wanted and bring her back with him to Haven.
Though powerful men are after Elle and her special abilities, Nick will die before leaving her side again.

I so enjoy LMR's writing...there's nothing she's ever written I just didn't LIKE. 
That said, this wasn't one of my favorites.  I felt like the 1st third of the book took me forever to get through ~ one of the things I like BEST about LMR is her uber possesive heroes.  I found it hard to believe that Nick would leave Elle for 10 years, even to build his own life.  I felt like the connection between just wasn't as strong as I wanted it to be.  There was so much time spent on when they were younger, then I felt like we zoomed through them actually finally coming face to face again, and hooking up. 

But again, I say these things comparing LMR to LMR, if you get me. 
It's a really good book, and I'm totally into the Ghost Ops.  Loving that they've built their own world inside a mountain!  This is book 2 in this series, and I wouldn't suggest reading this as a stand alone. 
This book doesn't spend a lot of time giving the back story.  I don't think you'd be totally lost, but you would know there are things you're missing. 

All in all?  A good read, great writing!! 

2 comments: