Thursday, May 16, 2013

How Beauty Met The Beast by Jax Garren ~ a GUSH audio review!!

How Beauty Met the Beast: Book One of Tales of the Underlight
 

How Beauty Met the Beast: Book One of Tales of the Underlight


The Beast
Scarred. Damaged. Living with a terrible secret. Agent of the Underlight Wesley "Hauk" Haukon has nothing left but the fight for liberty against the oppressive Order of Ananke. He's starting to lose hope... and then he sees her.

The Beauty
Despite her night job as a burlesque dancer, grad student Jolie Benoit has always played the mostly good girl. That all changes following a scorching sexual encounter with a stranger whose face she doesn't see. After she's kidnapped by thugs and rescued by a man with a very familiar voice, Jolie becomes a pawn in a struggle she never knew existed.
Hauk knows he cannot have her, and resolves to protect his heart and his secrets. But as they work together and grow closer, he finds new reason to keep fighting. Dare he risk hope in a new life, one where Jolie can see past his ravaged face and where their friendship can grow into something more?
The trilogy continues in How Beauty Saved the Beast.


Oooh, WOW!!  
I picked this up because I LOVE Carina books, and I was just intrigued by the title.  I'm a HUGE fan of Beauty & The Beast, so any book that hints at that theme I'm game.  And this was like getting the prize in a cracker jack box!  (OK, Cracker Jacks of old, because the new prizes suck, lol!) 
And this title FAR from sucked!
  I adored it from the first AWESOME, smokin' HAWT, sexy scene.  Imagine me driving down the freeway at 80 mph listening to this crazy erotic sheet smexy scene!  I was positive that everyone who drove by me knew how steamed up I was, lol!  And they didn't even actually HAVE sex! 
WOW, Jax Garren KNOWS how ratchet up the tension and steam up a scene! 
And Therese Plummer is SUCH an awesome narrator, she lays in ON, guys! 

Hauk is my verra favoritist kind of hero ~ HUGE, muscled, growly sexy voice...and even better?  He's scarred, tattooed and pierced! 
Oh, you sexy, SEXY man! 
And once he meets Jolie, a Burlesque dancer who just happens to be the daughter of a man who stands for everything Hauk despises, he locks on.  She's IT!  (Be STILL my heart!!)  Hauk belongs to a secret society, the Underlight, who endeavor to out corporations nasty, profittable secrets.  Jolie actually believes like Hauk does...and she sees beneath the scarred face and body to a man who stands for what is right and just. 
 It's only that...CAN she get beyond the scars to be with him physically? 

This is book 1, and while the story line for this one is wrapped up, the actual story of Hauk and Jolie continues on to book 2, How Beauty Loved The Beast.  I'm usually not a huge fan of this ~ I like my hero and heroine to be TOGETHER before the book ends, even if their story arc continues onto other books, i.e. Nalini Singh's Raphael and Elana.  But DAYUM, you guys....this series is FABULOUS!! 
 I just finished book 1 on my way to work today, and already I'm almost done w/ book 2! 
I can't STOP!! 
 What wonderful, flawed, personable characters.  If you haven't heard about this series, lemme tell you, go look for it!!  I bought the Kindle edition AND the Audible edition, since I already know this one I'm going to want to reread/relisten.  AND if you buy gthe Kindle edition, you get the audio discounted! 
 Can't beat that!! 



$3.46 if you have the Kindle edition!! 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review - I got the Kindle book earlier but I'll have to check this out on Audible now...sigh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review Melissa!

    ReplyDelete