Monday, April 8, 2013

Wolf With Benefits by Shelly Laurenston: A Review

Wolf with Benefits (Pride, #8)
 
Wolf with Benefits     
Ricky Lee has no plans of getting serious about anyone, but he will protect Toni Jean-Louis Parker. Not just because he’s been hired to do so, but because it’s the right thing to do. And if that means traveling around the country with one complicated She-jackal, dealing with chocolate-eating wild dogs, instigating trouble between his brothers, and having the most amazing sex he’s ever had…well, who said his job didn’t have perks?

Toni doesn’t know how she keeps getting herself into these situations. But even she has to admit there’s something about Ricky Lee Reed that she finds kind of interesting…and downright sexy. Now they just have to survive long enough to figure out if what they have is worth fighting for…
 
I do so love Shelly Laurenston's shifters ~ she makes me laugh no matter what!  They are zany, sexy, and not all Alpha, but they're all assery in their own way.
Ricky Lee is probably about the most laid back Wolf I can remember reading, which was perfect for Toni, who already has so much stress and confusion going on in her life I think if he'd been any other way he'd have tipped to her to far.  I so love getting glimpses of charachters from past books, but even I, who have read these books over and over, had to take a min. and think on some of the characters we saw in this one.  Did a head scratch, and was like OH YEAH, then on I went.  Shelly has created a page to help those of us who can't remember everyone right off hand   http://shellylaurenston.com/series-list/pride-world-connections/  and I for one am super grateful.  I so enjoy the banter and fun when older characters step in, but want to be sure who they are, lol. 
 
I can't say Ricky and Toni's love story was any where near the best I've read by Shelly Laurenston ~ there were so many other things going on it didn't feel like it was the forefront story line of the book, BUT the book was awesome, the writing so great, I can't say I didn't love it.  Just that they won't be making my list of favorite characters from this series.  The story line of Toni's FAMILY, that's where it's at in this book, and let me tell you, it's GREAT ~ so funny and full of great characters I so hope we get to see in later books!!
 
Enjoyed this book immensely!!  Can't wait for the next in the series!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the review Melissa! I've got this on my wishlist...can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete