Wednesday, October 19, 2011

What I'm Reading and been up to.....

Sorry I haven't posted lately ~ gah, life, lol!  Work, birthdays, sick relatives, etc...it's amazing how many hours there are NOT in a day!! 


I've been reading alot of short stories, and listening to my Audible.com books alot lately ~~ and I've snagged on a few I've just fallen in love with!!


Author Katie Reus ~~ www.katiereus.com ~~ WOW!  How did I miss out on her for so long?  A favorite author of mine, Cynthia Eden, has blogged about Katie and her books a few times, so I had a few, just hadn't ever read them ~ so popped out Dangerous Secrets one night and was TOTALLY sold!  I'm loving her work, and have totally glommed her entire back list, lol.  She writes romantic suspense, and paranormal ~ I haven't gotten to the paranormal yet, but I'm gobbling up her RS, and totally looking forward to her first mass market releast next year ~~

I read Lisa Marie Rice's newest short, Fatal Heat ~ heh, what can I say?  I love everything she writes, so no dissapointment there, but yeah, I WISH it had been longer!!
I has a total sad on for one of my fav authors ~ read Blood Trails by Sharon Sala, and sigh, I'm totally sad to report I didn't finish it.  I think this is the first time ever I've not finished a Sala.  I'm wondering if it's because her focus is elsewhere, like young adult?  Have you checked out her new YA book?  I'm hoping she'll get that something special that has always made her books magical for me back ~
My Lunatic Life (Lunatic Life, #1) 
LOVE Larissa Ione's short in Supernatural ~~ Vampire Fight Club.  Damn, that woman can write!!  She totally sucks me into her worlds ~
On the Audible front ~ I listened to New York to Dallas by JD Robb.  And who isn't an Eve and Roarke fan?  But I have to sad this one was very serious in tone....great story, she tugged my emotions, but I've grown so used to that levity and macabe humor Eve has I missed it in this one.  If you've read/listened to it, you know it just wouldn't have worked, but still........Followed this with Chaos In Death by JD Robb, her new short, and was thrilled to have that spunky Eve back, bantering w/ Peabody and snarking at Roarke! 
Listened to Archangels Blade by Nalini Singh ~ I really, really liked it.  I had read mixed reviews, but I thought Honor was the perfect heroine for Dmitri, she balanced and met his alphaness perfectly.
Archangel's Blade: The Guild Hunter Series, Book 4 | [Nalini Singh] 
I'm listening to the Fae series by Karen Marie Moning AGAIN, lol, with my nephew this time ~ I've totally got him hooked!  We're on book 2 on our long commute to work, and he's so sucked in, I love it!! 
OK, enough rambling, just thought I'd try to at least catch up some ~~ so what are you reading? 
Any great books I'm missing out there?  What about listening to?  I'm always on the hunt for new authors and narrators in Audio!

No comments:

Post a Comment